THE COMPANIES ORDINANCE (CHAPTER 32) Company Limited by Guarantee
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION of the HONG KONG TRIATHLON ASSOCIATION LIMITED
The name of the company is the “HONG KONG TRIATHLON ASSOCIATION LIMITED 香港三項鐵人總會有限公司”, hereinafter referred to as the “Association”.
The registered office of the Association will be situated in Hong Kong.
The objects for which the Association is established are to:
- act as the national authority for triathlon and related multi-sport activities in Hong Kong;
- select teams and individuals to represent Hong Kong in international triathlon and duathlon races;
- encourage widespread participation in triathlon and related multi-sport activities;
- nurture a successful squad of elite triathletes and duathletes;
- spot and foster the potential of younger triathletes and duathletes;
- develop proficiency in coaching, race direction and associated technical aspects of triathlon;
- promote public awareness of triathlon and related multi-sport activities;
- secure a sound future, in terms of financial, human and technological resources, for the continued development of triathlon in Hong Kong; and
- to undertake any other activities related to the promotion of triathlon in Hong Kong.
The Association may be affiliated to the Amateur Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong and any internationally recognised body of triathlon associations.
Application Of Income And Property
All income and property of the Association, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Association as set forth herein and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, to the members of the Association provided that nothing herein shall prevent the payment, in good faith, of reasonable and proper remuneration to any officer or servant of the Association, nor prevent the repayment of reasonable out of pocket expenses.
Limited Liability Of Members
The liability of the members is limited.
Contribution By Members
Every member of the Association undertakes to contribute, such amount as may be required not exceeding one hundred Hong Kong dollars, to the assets of the Association, in the event of the same being wound up while being a member, or within one year afterwards, for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Association contracted before ceasing to be a member, and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up the Association.
Disposal Of Assets After Dissolution
If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Association there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Association but shall be transferred to the Hong Kong Amateur Sports Federation for use in promoting sport in Hong Kong, or to some other institution or institutions having objects similar to the objects of the Association.